Starting September 1st, the Wallingford Farmers Market will be located on Wallingford Ave. (between 44th and 45th St.), offering the same scrumptious produce, fresh bread, cheeses and other home grown goods.
There will be a community meeting to answer any questions and concerns that the community has about the Farmers Market on August 31st at 6:30 at the Wallingford Senior Center (Good Shepherd Center). Please come and show your support of the Farmers Market.
As the new Tutoring Coordinator at FamilyWorks, I have been staffing the Farmers Market this summer. Here are a few other exciting things I learned from my experience and thought you might enjoy, too!
Top Things You Should Know About Your Local Farmers Market
- Local Farmers have been graciously supporting FamilyWorks since 2006.
- Each month, local farmers donate roughly 1000 pounds of produce to FamilyWorks – that’s 4,000 pounds every summer!
- Without help from farmers and other donations many customers would be left with less healthy food choices as well as a smaller selection overall.
- Come enjoy the featured chefs who will be happy to make you a fresh, delicious taste on the spot. Yum!
- You can find FamilyWorks at the market! We’re there to tell people who we are and what we do. We also have bundles of resources about our playgroups, life skills classes and food bank information.
- As the season changes so does the produce. Make sure you stop by throughout the season to get a full range of products.
- When you support farmers you are supporting the food bank. You are making a difference!
The Wallingford farmers market is every Wednesday from 3-7 p.m. and will be finishing its season in the new Wallingford Ave. location – through September 29th. Thanks for your support and please stop by and say “Hello!” Just look for the smiling faces in the purple tent and ask for Megan!