FamilyWorks’ Young Parents Group is putting on a diaper drive in front of the Wallingford QFC right now! On your way to the Solstice Parade and the Fremont Fair, please stop by, say hi, and donate some diapers or baby food if you can. Thanks for your support!
Filed under Advocacy, FamilyWorks News, FamilyWorks' Community, Food Bank, Fundraisers, Hunger & Food Security, Just for Fun, Parenting, Parents of School-Aged Children (5-12), Parents of Young Children (Ages 0-5), Poverty, Teen and Young Parents, Uncategorized
Several months ago, we posted Seattle Weekly’s Phinney Ridge slideshow, as it’s one of the neighborhoods we serve. But this week, we’re delighted to see our very own front yard on the Wallingford Neighborhood slideshow: Boys & Girls Club (Home to FamilyWorks’ tutoring program), Molly Moon’s (staff favorite lunch spot), more Molly Moon’s (also staff favorite dinner spot), dogs in front of MM (get the picture? They’re also a sponsor of our upcoming annual dinner!) Wallingford QFC (host of innumerable diaper and food drives, including one on the 20th!), the sunshine sign across the street, Chile Pepper’s- the local Mexican restaurant, etc. Did you ever wonder who waters the plants on 45th? Even the infamously-always-off-schedule Metro Route 16 gets a mention. Check it out and see our community. We’re sure we’d have been in it too had it not been a Sunday afternoon when they were shooting for the slideshow.
Seattle Slideshows – Seattle People: Sunday Afternoon in Wallingford.
Sustainable Wallingford hosts the 39th Earth Day Happening on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Wallingford QFC parking lot 1801 N 45th Street. It’s A Giving Happening when you can give and receive free gifts in your community and care for your little bit of the planet. A Love-In follows the Happening for Happening volunteers. To volunteer click here
The Sustainable Wallingford Earth Day Happening features:
- No Sale Bake Sale
- Hamilton Middle School Band and Choir
- Treebeard the Ent
- Growing Food Growing Community free tomato plant starts
- the Mobile Tire Inflation Station
- Cascade Bicycle Club Ambassadors,
- Seattle Climate Action Network offering free compact florescent bulbs
- free Wallingford Community Preparedness kits
- the Seattle Plastic Bag Monster,
- FamilyWorks Wallingford Food Bank donations,
- Lettuce Link and Friends of Fruit Trees,
Conversation and Storytime Corners,
- Puget Sound Solar,
- Community Giving Tables of gently used items small enough to carry such as, jigsaw puzzles, books, hand tools, and shoes,
- and a place for many Wallingford artists, businesses, and residents like you to freely give and receive.
At the Sustainable Wallingford Earth Day Happening you have the opportunity to live mindfully in your community and joyfully on your planet. Because every day is Earth Day.
(learn more at http://www.greenWallingford.ning.com)
- Jessica Vets (206) 459-9786 Event Coordinator Email Jessica
- Will Polk (206) 465-9203 Volunteer Coordinator Email Will
- Cathy Tuttle (206) 547-9569 Sustainable Wallingford Facilitator Email Cathy